Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mission Completed!

For those of you who follow my blog, you know that I have been on a quest for the perfect family portrait.  I'm not talking about just any portrait.  I'm talking about the Christmas card, display on the mantle, Facebook worthy kind of portrait! I'm also talking about a portrait with the entire family! All four kids and two parents.  Getting six people to smile at the same time is no easy task - but we did it! Something that I have never been able to accomplish before, until now!  (If you are new to my blog, thanks for stopping by! Please check out my previous post "Say Cheese" from July 16th to see how we started this!)

A few weeks ago, we met with a very talented photographer, Michelle Guilbault with Memories by Michelle, who also happens to be our neighbor. Be sure to check out her website at:  http://thepixgallery.com/  If you are in the Washington, DC Metro area please take you kids to her.  Take your family, take your pets! You will be blown away with the photos, I know I was!

Our photo shoot was scheduled for early evening to optimize the natural lighting. We planned to meet at a golf course located in our neighborhood.  The day of the shoot we had very bad thunderstorms and had to cancel.  Then, out of the blue the sun came out again and we were back on! With the full Virginia heat and humidity!  Michelle with her fabulous "assistant" Mr. Marc were wonderful!  They interacted with my children and got them to smile, giggle and relax.  That made me relax!  I think that is very important to having a beautiful picture taken.  You know that old saying, "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy".  That is the truth!  My kids knew I was at ease and we all had fun.  We got to make our nice smiles and silly smiles and poses to help get the giggles out.   When I received the proofs, I was amazed not only by the number of pictures Michelle was able to take in a short  period of time, but that every single picture was terrific.  There was not one proof that I did not like!  It made ordering time very, very difficult!  In the pictures, Michelle was able to capture my children's individual personalities and the love they have for one another.  These are more to me than just a picture.  They are capturing our family, how we truly are and I will treasure them always.

If you haven't done it recently, go take your kids and your spouse and get a nice portrait done.  Those mall places are okay - but you can really tell the difference when you use a professional photographer.  Get to know your photographer.  Ask lots of questions.  If there is something that you don't like during your photo session, speak up and get it fixed.  Not only is it your money, it is your memories.

Please enjoy some of my most favorite pics from our shoot.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!



Me and my twins.  Photo by Memories by Michelle
 
 
                                                                               My twinies! Photo by Memories by Michelle


2 comments: