Thursday, August 2, 2012

Catastrophe!

Catastrophe!  Now, say it very loudly with a French accent (just like Gaspard and Lisa!).   This is something that we need to work on in our house.  Understanding exactly what catastrophe, emergency, urgent situation means.  Whatever you want to call it, this is something that my kids just don't get!  Maybe we watch too much Gaspard and Lisa (but they are so cute and they are French!). 

This morning after my third attempt to use the bathroom, yes, third attempt (puddle on the floor time).  My oldest son started banging on the door - CATASTROPHE!  The problem - he couldn't find an outlet to charge his tablet!

The other day I was in the shower and my youngest son came running in the bathroom , "Mommy there is an emergency".  Silly me assumed that someone was hurt - but no, his emergency "I want a sandwich!" 

I have reviewed with all the kids what I consider to be an emergency:

-Fire
-Kid escapes out front door
-Blood, a lot of blood, not paper cut blood -that can clearly wait!
-Flood
-Dismemberment


What is not an emergency:

-Food/Beverage requests
-Entertainment requests
-Getting out of shower to answer door from political campaigner (this happened the other day too!)


So, I now take my showers at night!  But I still need to use the bathroom during the day!

Is this something that you have problems with in your house?  What are some tips that work for your family?

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment