Tuesday, August 7, 2012

FOUR!

My twins are going to be four.  My twins are going to be FOUR!  This is something that just dawned on me when I was talking to their Preschool Director yesterday, confirming their class assignments and making sure I signed them up for the correct class.

Obviously, they are getting bigger and each year they do turn a year older.  But it really hit me, in January they will be FOUR.  They are no longer babies, not even toddlers.  They are kids.  Big kids.  Where did the time go?!

Certainly I have noticed their growth, their changes and independence.  They can get themselves dressed. They like to pick out their own clothes.  They can help make their beds.  We can stay at places longer. I no longer need to plan our lives around nap schedules.  I no longer need to haul my double stroller everywhere.  My triple stroller is gathering cobwebs in the garage!  (If you live in the Northern Virginia area and are looking for a triple jogger - I do have one that I will be listing on Craig's list soon - it is pink and very nice!! Message me directly and we can work something out!).

My twins are amazing. They have their own individual thoughts, personalities and ideas. They have questions about pretty much everything, too!  At almost four, this is quite evident, and they do make it known!.  I think I went from shock  (we found out when I was 19 weeks we were having twins) to survival mode.   Just now I have come up for air and realized that they will be FOUR!  My sister-in-law has always told me, enjoy every minute, it will go by faster than you think.  She told me this when I was going to college, when I was getting married, when I was pregnant with my first child.  She has been telling me this for close to twenty years and it has taken me that long to believe it!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


No matter how old they are, they will always be "The Babies"!

No comments:

Post a Comment