Friday, August 31, 2012

Fall Frenzy!

My older two children are wrapping up a successful first week of school!  They both like their teachers and are making new friends.  My twins go today for their open house and will get to meet their teachers, check out their classroom and see friends.  They start school next week!

Now that school is back in session, we are gearing up for Fall!  OT started back up yesterday, ballet starts tomorrow, tennis next week and lacrosse and girl scouts next weekend.  In addition, we will have play dates and the "party circuit".  Are your kids on that?  With four kids, we get a lot of invitations to birthday parties!  My kids love this.  They love seeing their friends outside of school and who doesn't love a goodie bag and some birthday cake!  I try to be pro-active about the parties and plan ahead!  When I see toys on sale, especially barbie dolls and Lego kits, I do pick up a few extra and put them aside.  This way when the last minute invite comes in, we are prepared!  I do also stock up on wrapping paper.  This I get at our local 5 and Below Store.   I try to have the kids make cards for their friends.  My oldest isn't really in to this - it is hard to even get him to sign his name on the card!  But, my three little ones love this and will spend days perfecting a card for their friend!  While I'm at 5 and Below I also will pick up a few small items - candy, hair ties, etc. and place this on top of the present in lieu of ribbon.  All the kids love this!

Next on my list to start planning for is my daughter's 6th birthday and Halloween!  This is the first year, that I do not have at least 1/2 of the kids costumes by now!  

Have a great holiday weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment