Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Birthday Wishes

Our first Mommy & Me photo together!



My daughter came into the world six years ago today.  She was born at 1:51pm on October 23, 2006. Our lives were forever changed.  It has been such a privilege to be this little girl's mother.  She is beautiful, she is strong, she is confident. (she is also smart, considerate and talented, but I don't want to brag!).  I wish for her today, that not only she has a wonderful day today (which I know she will), but I wish that all of things she is now, continue as she grows older.  I wish for her to become stronger and more confident and take all of these wonderful attributes into her teenage years and adulthood. 

This morning I was thinking back, reminiscing on her birth and my pregnancy. My pregnancy with her was a difficult one.  I was on bed rest, I had to go on a regular basis to the perinatal unit at the hospital. I had a few scares that sent me to the hospital too - one time they could not locate the baby's heartbeat, another time I had unexplained bleeding.  I was very fortunate to have had a wonderful group of family, friends and neighbors who helped out with my son (who was a toddler) and offered constant support for our family.   My daughter arrived at 38 weeks and she was perfect!  She still is!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!






1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday. That is a beautiful post about your daughter and your special bond with her. She will enjoy reading it some day. It would be nice as part of a card if she is pregnant with her own child in the future.

    : 0 ) Theresa (Capri + 3)

    ReplyDelete