Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day Blessings

Yesterday at my twins' preschool it was the Mother's Day Tea.  The kids (with the help of their wonderful teachers!) go all out to make us moms feel special!  The teachers work hard to set the room and make the food.  Great little sandwiches, muffins, brownies, cookies, fruit, lemonade and of course iced tea!  I think my twins ate an entire plate of brownies. The kids work very hard on making the decorations for the table and little gifts for us moms to take home.

Surprisingly at our table yesterday, I was the only mom.  One little boy was with his dad and another one was there without a parent.  I don't know what their situations are at home.  We all smiled at the table and my twins and I talked with both boys and helped the one who was there alone fix his plate.  This really got me thinking.  One, of how fortunate I am to have my four children who are all my blessings, and two to have my mom.  I lost my father at a young age, my mom has always been there for us.  As our rock and I know we take her for granted! 

I know quite a few people who have lost their moms this past year.  I know that this Sunday will be bittersweet.  I also know too many people who have lost their children.  I hope that your Sunday is extra special.  Whether your child walks with you here on this earth, or if they are watching you from above, you are still and will always be their mom.


  Happy Mother's Day.  Wishing you and your loved ones many Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment