Friday, May 17, 2013

Mommy Brain

Mommy Brain.  Mommy Fog.  This phenomenon usually manifests itself first during pregnancy.  Third trimester, you know when the baby is pushing on everything, including your brain!  I didn't realize that it would last so long beyond pregnancy.  Like four years!

This week has been especially "foggy" for me.  The kids think it is hilarious! Mommy is so silly, let's just watch and not say anything and see what she does next!  Here is just a sampling of what I have done (or I guess haven't done!):  squirt ranch dressing instead of chocolate syrup in a cup of milk, put eggs in the pantry, put milk in the cupboard, put the cereal box in the fridge, took off my makeup with Bactine (I'm very, very lucky here.  Someone who shall not be named left this in the spot where my eye makeup remover is typically kept), almost squirted Bactine into my contact lens case, (I think the dangerous substances need to be stored out of my reach and not my kids!). 

Luckily (knock on wood, jump up and down and spin around), I have never ever forgotten any of the children or left them anywhere.  I have left stores without my purchases or purse.  Have gone to the store and gas station without my wallet (this was awhile ago!), but always keep the kids with me!

I have no idea how to combat this.  Of course more sleep, but who has time for that!  More coffee, but I'm on decaf. these days. Too much caffeine and I'm even more of a mess, and a shaky one too!

Have you been struck with this malady?  What are your tips?

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment