Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Line Cutting, Seriously!

I don't know why, but for whatever reasons, line cutting really pushes my buttons.  Gets my goat and all that jazz!

In my opinion, line cutting is a rampant problem in the area where I live.  I'm wondering if maybe it is just me.  Maybe I am just too sensitive.  Maybe I am too rigid.  Maybe I am just plain out wrong for teaching my kids to wait their turn.  In our house, lines are important.  With four kids, to eliminate pushing, shoving and the me first dance, there are times when we have our kids line up.  In a good way, like "who wants a popsicle, line up by the freezer". Or,  to control chaos when we are going outside: "get your shoes on and line up by the door".

Most of the time I do speak up.  But, it depends on the situation.  During spring break the kids and I went to Chuck E Cheese.  I did nicely ask the 12 year old who was pushing my four year old to get to the soda fountain first, if he would mind waiting his turn in line.  I also did also point out to a fourteen year old who cut in front of my six year old at the prize counter that my daughter had been waiting.  Actually, got support from the Chuck E Cheese worker on this one too! Who did indeed say,  this little girl (my daughter) is next. 

Sometimes I am just too dumb founded to say anything.  Like at Target the other day.  A new cash register opened up and next in line was called.  That was us.  By the time I got the twins and all of our stuff together a line three-deep had formed at the newly opened register.  Other times, I think it is best to let the kids work it out themselves.  Like at the school bus line.  (I really don't care as long as my kid gets on the bus!)  When I first witnessed this I was amazed.  The kids line up, by order of arrival time.  Whomever arrives first at the bus stop, is first in line and for the most part the kids stay in that line.  Except for a few.  There are one or two late comers everyday who instead of going to the back of line and waiting their turn,  go right to the front of the line.  Everyday.   Line cutting at its very finest.  I'm still trying to figure out if there is some sort of bus stop hierarchy?!  I just figure that the kids learn it somewhere...maybe from their mom cutting in line at Target!

Is this a problem for you?  What do you to avoid? How do we stop the cycle!

Thanks for stopping by & have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment