Monday, June 11, 2012

Wishes Really Do Come True!

I have witnessed two great things in our household within the last 24 hours.  Things that I thought I was still years away from!

Last night after dinner, my oldest (7 years old) invited his little brother (twin Baby A 3 1/2 years old) to go play in his room with him.  They ended up watching Super Hero Squad together on the tablet and sat very nicely next to one another!  This was a first!  My 7 year old also admitted that his brother wasn't so bad and it was cool that he liked the same show as he did.  My oldest did all of this without being prompted, asked or bribed!

Just now I came home from a doctor's appointment and quick trip to Wegmans (I finally bought toothpaste!).  I walked in to find all four of my children sitting nicely in a circle playing Monopoly with their new babysitter.  We have a college student to help us out during the summer.  She watched the kids a few times before, but today is her first "real day".  I was a little nervous about how the kids would transition. We had our last summer sitter for the past two summers, she is a grad student and needed this summer to work on her thesis.  (L if you are reading this we miss you and love you and you are a hard act to follow!). My oldest is reading the cards, my 5 year old is counting spaces.  Wow!  I should have turned around and went back out!

Happy Monday.  I hope you have a great day and some of your wishes come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment