Friday, April 20, 2012

Morning Dread

Each morning my three "little" kids (5 year old & 3 year old twins) are left unattended for about 10-15 minutes while I take a super fast shower and get dressed.  The bathroom door is open the entire time,  and most mornings they do play nicely on the floor of my bedroom.  But then there are the other days when the don't!  During this time, my stomach hurts, my head hurts.  I just don't know what I am going to find!

I have tried taking my shower at night or waiting until later in the day.  But that just doesn't work for me.  I am a morning shower-er.  I am one of those people that will take a shower before going to the beach, pool or playing tennis etc.  I got my hair cut a few weeks ago and it is not long enough for a ponytail anymore and my very curly curls just look better when they are washed each morning. I also feel better too.  The shower also helps me to wake up and come on, who doesn't like starting their day with a shower! (except maybe my 7 year old son!).   Many, many years ago I worked with a very funny lady. One year, we did Race for the Cure together and she had me in stitches the entire morning as we were herded together with the other runners and she said - "sweat on a clean body, sure smells a lot better than sweat on a dirty body".  Maybe this just stuck with me!

Before I go into the bathroom, the kids have all been fed, washed up and dressed.  Carefully selected toys and/or games are left out for them.  This morning I left them playing a nice game of memory.  When I came out they were sitting nicely in a row watching TV.  My five year old can turn the TV on by herself and punch in the channel for Disney Junior!  A little TV, not so bad.  But again, this does not always go as planned.  Yesterday, I discovered my three angels downstairs sitting nicely around the kitchen table.  They set the table and everything.  They also opened up an entire warehouse store sized box of cereal bars.  Opened as in unwrapped every single one to get ready for their "party".  They also took little mouse sized bites out of almost every single bar! They did color some decorations for the party and spilled an entire pitcher of water.  Not the end of the world, they have caused more damage before and I am sure they will again!

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment