Friday, September 14, 2012

Rock YOUR Vote

We still have about six weeks left (give or take a few days!) to election day.  I am tired of the endless ads by both parties being shown on every channel. I am at the point where I turn off the TV, I really don't need my children asking me during breakfast what birth control is and why that lady can't afford it.  Seriously, I just want to see the weather!  I am tired of the endless phone calls we are receiving telling us about various candidates and rallies to attend.   I am annoyed by the people who knock on my door and leave fliers for their candidates.  I was really annoyed by being stopped four times on my way into back to school night and offered fliers for candidates.  Twice by each party. Really it was back to school night, a night about our kids.  NOT the president. Sometimes I do get a chuckle on the Facebook banter, but even that is turning in to too much and getting ugly!(I rarely chime in on friends' political comments on their wall. I have done this twice now, both times in jest and someone with way opposite views then mine who was a friend of a friend of a friend took it way too seriously!)

Living in a swing state I can only imagine that this is going to get much worse in the weeks to come. I have stopped answering my phone, turned off the TV, am spending less time on Facebook and only opening the door if it is someone I know.   I don't think any of these are necessarily bad things!

But, I will vote and you should too.  I don't care who you are voting for.  Who I vote for is none of your business.  Just go vote.  Someone said to me the other day, my vote doesn't count, it is decided by the electoral college.  Well, your vote does count.  Also, there are other elections going on besides the Presidential one.  Your local ballot will most likely also contain senate seats, maybe a congressional spot and questions that do affect you and your community.  Like bond referendums.  Like funding for schools.

Do your homework.  Learn the facts.  Go Vote!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment