Wednesday, September 26, 2012

1000 Hours

I read on a friend's Facebook post yesterday that election day is coming up in a little under 1000 hours.  I am so happy about this.  (Yes, I am happy that the TV ads will stop, my phone will stop ringing off the hook, etc.  I will be there lined up to vote on election day with all four of my kids - you should be there too!).  Anyway, I digress.  I'm kind of over the election.  What I am most happy about is that in a little over 1000 hours my husband and I will be going on vacation.  Yup, that is right, just the two of us.  This will be our first trip without all four children.  In November, we will be celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary.  We will be going away for a long weekend sans kids to New Orleans.  Now, I have never been to New Orleans (I don't get out much these days!).  So, if you know anything about it, please do share!  I have been doing some research and we have sights picked out that we want to see and my husband has a long list of restaurants to try.  He has been there before and is looking forward to showing me around.  You know what I'm looking forward to, the plane ride there.  (Go ahead and laugh at me now).  I am not a huge fan of flying.  But, I am looking forward to being able to sit for 2 1/2 hours and have nothing expected of me.  No one to take to the potty, no one to entertain.  Just sitting and reading my book (and chatting with my husband of course)! 

My freak flag has already started to fly when it comes to leaving the kids. I must have sent my sister a dozen texts over the weekend, and we both know that there will be a lot more to come!  My sister  has graciously agreed to come in from California to be the zoo keeper in our house while we are away.  I know she will be great, the kids will be fine, and it is so great for them to have this time together.  I am also lining up a list of reserves that will be available to pitch in and help out - Grandma, Aunt Bean, Uncle J, neighbors, friends etc.   I am very lucky to have wonderful family and friends that I can count on, knowing that my children will be in excellent hands.   You know how I love my lists and I have already started quite a few mental ones - the kids schedule for school and activities, driving directions and addresses I will need to leave, dishes I can make ahead and freeze beautifully, etc., etc.

When was the last time you and your partner went away without your children?  How did the kids do?  How did YOU do?  Would love to hear your tips!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Featured on Multiples Monday - please be sure to check out the great blogs at:
www.multiples-mom.com

multiples monday with capri +3

2 comments:

  1. That made me smile that you are looking forward to the plane ride. But I get it. As a Mom, you are always on duty. Even when they are napping you are listening just in case. On the plane...you can relax. I have never been to New Orleans so I cannot offer any tips. I am sure you will have an amazing time. I look forward to reading your posts about it when you return. It will be fun for your kids to have quality time with their aunt too.

    : 0 ) Theresa (Capri + 3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa! It is sad but true. I am just looking forward to sitting quietly and getting some sleep! I am hoping I can turn off my "mommy clock" and sleep in! Have you left your four yet for more than a few hours?

      Delete