Monday, July 23, 2012

The Scoop On: Keratin!

Thanks everyone for your kind emails, questions and compliments!  I am enjoying my straight hair.  It has made my life so much easier.  I can take the kids to the pool and play tennis and don't have to worry about the frizzies!  My hair is naturally curly.  But I have crazy curls that really don't behave. So I would spend most of my time with my hair in a pony tail and about a million bobby pins to hold it in place.  My friends were always very kind - suggesting that I just needed a "little more product" or a "better product" some even went as far as giving me hair products and flat irons!  I guess they were being polite!  I am in no way an expert on keratin or haircare - I can only share my experience!   Here are a few of the questions I received:

Is it permanent?  No - it will last about 3 months.

Did the process hurt or damage your hair?  Nope!  It was completely painless and relaxing!  First my hair was washed with a special shampoo.  Then the magic potion was applied (ie the Keratin treatment).  I had to sit with this on my head for 35-45 minutes.  Then, my hair was washed again.  Dried straight and finished with a flat iron.

Is this something that I can do at home?  I know that they do sell at home kits, but I wouldn't try it.  I can barely wash and dry my hair with all of the kids running in and out of the bathroom.  I wouldn't even begin to try a chemical process.  Also, it is kind of hard to get to the back of your head.  I know that the stylists do go to special workshops and training classess to perfect their skills and learn about the new treatments.  I would go to a professional, like I did (kudos to Louise of Boston at the Avanti Salon on Newbury Street! www.louiseofboston.com)

How do you maintain it?  I have special shampoo and conditioner from the Avanti Salon that I use.  I wash my hair every other day.  It is super easy to blow dry and I finish with a flat iron.  Takes 5-10 minutes tops.  On days I don't wash my hair, I just go over it with my flat iron.

Do you think I should try it?  Go for it! It is not permanent!

So, the proof is in the pictures!  Have a great day!

BEFORE
 my hair is much crazier than this and was a little longer



AFTER!


No comments:

Post a Comment