Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ode to a Crockpot

I love my crock pot!  A crock pot is a busy mom's best friend!  The crock pot forces me to plan out dinner.  I can think about it and start chopping my vegetables the night before, or early in the morning after my son gets on the bus.  I love the simplicity of it - throw everything in one pot and your done.  This has give me so much more free time in the afternoon to help with homework, play with the kids and I actually manged to have a phone conversation yesterday! 

This week is Crock pot Week in our house!  I am on day three of using it for dinner, making a different recipe each day:

Monday was Vegetable Soup, I served this with biscuits
Tuesday was Sausage and Peppers, I served this with a side dishes of pasta and broccoli
Wednesday is Turkey Meatloaf

This is my first time making a meatloaf in the crock pot.  I will be sure to let you know how it comes out!  I reviewed several recipes on the Internet and modified it with my own famous meatloaf recipe!

First I sprayed the crock pot with non stick cooking spray.  At the bottom I layered my vegetables: baby carrots, sliced onions and sliced potatoes.  I formed my meatloaf, put it on top of the veggies and I was done.  One hour on high, 5 hours on low.  By the time 6 o'clock rolls around I will have a complete meal.  I will chop up some fruit for the kids, maybe make a small salad and dinner is served!

Please share your favorite crock pot recipes!  I am always on the look out for new ones to try.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment